The National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME) is a Federal program that establishes requirements for healthcare professionals that perform physical qualification examinations and issue medical certificates for truck and bus drivers. Starting on May 21, 2014 all medical examiners issuing medical certificates for commercial motor vehicle drivers must be certified and listed on the National Registry. To become a certified medical examiner (ME) and be listed on the National Registry, healthcare professionals must complete training and testing on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's (FMCSA) physical qualifications standards and guidelines.
With the NRCME Training Online program, becoming a certified medical examiner is easy. Just follow these steps:
1) REGISTER for the NRCME Training Online Program. Complete the online training program and print out your certificate of completion.
2) Register on the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners website located at https://nationalregistry.fmcsa.dot.gov/home and receive your National Registry Medical Examiner identification number. Review the Complete Guide to NRCME Certification.
National Registry Registration Link: https://nationalregistry.fmcsa.dot.gov/home
3) Locate a local testing location to take your NRCME Examination, see https://nationalregistry.fmcsa.dot.gov/home Pay the required fee and schedule your date and time. Be sure to bring the following items to the testing location:
- A valid state issued picture ID
- Valid license to practice in your healthcare profession
- Certificate of completion provided by NRCME Training Online
- Your National Registry Medical Examiner identification number
Testing Organization Websites
PSI Exams https://candidate.psiexams.com/
The exam fee is $79
If you have any questions or concerns during the process, please call our 24 hour support line at 1-888-852-7729 and we will be more than happy to assist you.